Happy Friday! There’s something about cloudy Fridays that put me into a good mood. I love the idea of wearing warmer clothes, getting comfy and enjoying the day inside. Plus, today I have a minimum day at school, which means I get to leave at 11:30. But don’t be too jealous – I have a ton of grading to do this weekend. Over 50 essays to read, 28 of which are research papers on The Scarlet Letter. Good thing the forecast is calling for rain all weekend – perfect grading weather.
But this post is about the Countdown to Christmas/NYE Challenge, so let’s get to it. It’s not too late for you to join in on the challenge:
- Choose a specific, realistic goal that you can achieve by December 31st.
- Post weekly updates (you choose the day) about your progress.
- Decide on a gift (reward) that you’ll give yourself when you meet your goal.
- Post the Countdown Badge above on your blog when you post your weekly update, and link back to either ScaleWarfare or me, if possible!
My Countdown to Christmas/NYE Challenge was:
- My goal is to stick to 1200 calories M-F (1400-1600 Sat & Sun) AND to hit the gym 4 days a week.
- I’m going to start posting on Fridays.
- My gift is going to be a new pair of sneakers.
This week I did well on the food during the weekdays, but on the weekend, specifically Saturday, I went over my calories. We had a progressive dinner party (appetizers at my house, dinner at my parents’ house, dessert at my cousin’s house), and we all went all out with our menu. The food was delicious and decadent, and that definitely showed up later on the scale.
I’m not sorry that I enjoyed myself on Saturday night, though. Life is meant to be lived, and I want to make sure I don’t stop myself from indulging every now and then, especially with a celebration. I just need to make sure that I’ve factored that in and burned enough calories to make up for the ones that I’m going to consume.
Which brings me to calorie burning for the week – I didn’t do so well on that either. I didn’t workout four times – I only worked out twice, at my personal training sessions. Which the scale showed me was not enough. This week I was busy at work and stayed late a couple of nights, so I should have planned ahead and worked out on the weekend. Lesson learned.
This week I’m going to move forward and not repeat these same mistakes. I’ve been doing well on my calories so far, and will be sure to hit the gym both Saturday and Sunday, despite the rain.
If you haven’t joined in on the challenge yet, what are you waiting for?