It’s time to update my progress on a few of the challenges I’ve been doing.
- Weeks 3 & 4: “Between Saturday, January 16th and end of day, Monday, January 31st you have 12 days that you should be moving or working toward your specific goal. That gives you four days off that you can “slip” during those 16 days.”
Here’s my plan for the Being True to You Challenge:
- Weeks 3 & 4 – At this point I should be attending classes regularly and seeing which ones I like and which ones aren’t my cup of tea. My goal is to attend 9 group exercise classes by Jan. 31st and if I do, I’m going to treat myself to a pedicure. It’s a win, win if you ask me!
So, how did I do? Well, I got a late start because of the back pain/arm numbness; I wasn’t sure what was causing it, so I didn’t do more than walk for the last week. But then on Saturday, I turned it up a notch and attended Zumba with LC. And on Sunday I really hit my stride and unlocked something within myself while I did the belly dancing class. Last night I tried Pilates, and while it wasn’t a success, I did burn some calories and I was proud of myself for giving it a shot and trying something new. I’m on track to get to 8 classes by the 31st, and considering I had a week off, I think that pedicure is going to feel amazing in the near future.
I’ve been doing the MeYouHealth Challenge for a few weeks now, and I’m loving it. Each daily challenge is something that’s easy to do, but makes a significant impact on my well-being. Plus it’s #2 on my 2011 Goals. This past week I’ve:
- Created a personal mantra (more on this in a minute)
- Found out I need 1000-1200mg of calcium everyday
- Had a face-to-face conversation instead of e-mailing a colleague or friend
- Gave myself a 1-minute hand massage
- Shared 3 ways to burn calories while at home
- Banished dust bunnies by wiping down bookshelves, picture frames, and any knick-knacks in one room
- Checked the first ingredient in a loaf of store-bought bread
- Learned how to take my resting heart rate
Once again, if you haven’t joined yet, please try it; I guarantee you’re going to be glad you did.
This week I’ve embodied the mantra I made for myself – I did life! I’m really proud of everything I’ve done, and I can feel my mentality changing. And I’ve followed that with actions. And I’ve asked you to help keep my accountable. I’ve kept up with positive routines and tried new things. I’ve been DOING life!
On that note, last night I was a bit down in the dumps after the Pilates class, but then I opened a package I received in the mail yesterday. It was the perfect reminder to celebrate my accomplishments, because they WILL lead to my ultimate, and overall, success: