Happy Monday, Everyone! This is definitely a case of better late than never, as it’s 9:19pm as I type this. I spent today as Dean for the Day at school, which meant my entire day (schedule and workload) was turned upside down. It was an honor to be asked to do it, and I enjoyed the experience, but I also confirmed that I am meant to teach. I enjoy helping kids improve their knowledge and skills and I’m way too much of a control freak to leave my schedule as loose as the deans need to.
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
FMM: Fall Favorites
1. What is your favorite thing about this time of year? I love that the mornings are cool and crisp, the days are sunny, and the evenings are chilly enough for a quilt. I love the versatility of the clothes, too. I can wear capris and light sweaters and lots of layers.
2. What do you hope to do again before Summer is officially over? I agree with Kenlie – I’d like to get in some more swimming sessions. In fact, I think I’m going to do that for tomorrow’s workout. The weather has been quite warm lately, so it would be ideal.
3. When did you last go on a hay ride? I’ve never been on a hay ride. I don’t think it’s something we really do in the Bay Area, although I’m sure there are places that offer them.
4. What is your favorite pumpkin dish? My mom makes a Rachel Ray pasta, sausage, sage, and pumpkin dish that is A-mazing. We have it as a side on Thanksgiving.
5. Do you decorate your home for fall? Yes. First I decorate for Halloween throughout the month of October, and then as soon as November hits, I put out the fall wreath. Next year I want to get something to put up on my front door for Back to School; some sort of wreath with apples or something. I love that the pumpkins can do double duty. Here are some of the decorations I use around the house:
6. Do you have any hobbies that are seasonally specific? If so, what are they? I really want to get better at crocheting, and the cooler weather lends itself to practicing often. My goal is to make several baby blankets to donate.
7. Apple cider or hot chocolate? I’d prefer to have a Starbucks salted caramel mocha (only in moderation) or a nonfat pumpkin spice latte.
8. Are you a fan of football? If so, who is your team? I absolutely LOVE the San Francisco 49ers.
9. Share a fond Fall memory. I love going to the pumpkin patch in Half Moon Bay to select fun, interesting pumpkins.
10. It’s not Fall until…my friends back east start posting beautiful fall foliage photos on FB. (Like that alliteration?)
Now it’s your turn to share. Don’t forget to go back to Kenlie’s blog to link up in the comments!