Spring has sprung! Which means that the weather is turning warmer, the days are getting longer, and fitting in outdoor activities is a whole lot easier. Spring is a time of renewal, and the spring of 2013 is going to be one where my life is Refreshed. I’m living my life in full bloom! Now that I’ve made my pre-op weight loss requirement, all the pounds I lose this spring are just like extra petals on a flower, making my life just a bit more beautiful. Sunday weigh-ins will keep me accountable through the weekend, and will give me a positive goal to begin each new week. I’m embarking on more than just a diet plan, I’m establishing a lifestyle – my new beginning. My Sunday progress updates will be called Super Spring Weigh-Ins.
This week I knew I’d be weighing in at my pre-op appointment today, and I wanted to make sure I not only met the goal weight, but that I was under it. I was really strict with my eating, and enjoyed lots of fat flush water.
This morning I weighed in at 277.2, which is down 2.4 lbs from my last weigh in. So this morning when I get on the scale in the surgeon’s office, I’ll be 4 lbs lower than the goal weight, which is great.
This week I’m going to allow myself a week of planned indulgences. A week of “last meals” if you will. Not that I’m going to go crazy and eat everything in sight, but I am going to make sure that I enjoy many of the foods that I won’t be able to eat after surgery (or for a long time after surgery).
- Today after weighing in, I’m heading to Noah’s Bagels for a bagel with lox and cream cheese. Definitely a don’t on most healthy-eating plans, and a don’t for me post-op.
- Tuesday evening my sister, niece and I are going to our local Cal-Mex place to enjoy Swirls (blended margarita + sangria) and some sort of salad. My niece’s school is having a fundraiser night, so this fits in perfectly.
- Wednesday my parents are taking me out to sushi. This is going to be one of the foods that I’m really going to miss. I’ll eventually be able to have sushi, but not for quite some time post op. And I don’t think rice will be something I’ll be able to easily digest, so it may look more like a handroll with the sashimi and seaweed only.
- Friday night one of my best friends and I are headed to a famously fattening Mexican restaurant called El Burro. More margaritas along with some enchiladas.
- Somewhere along the way, I’m going to have a grilled cheese sandwich with French fries.
In between these meals, I’m going to stick to my usual healthy eating, and I’ll definitely fit workouts in to counteract all these extra calories. Then I’ll be back to strict the week before surgery.
What would your “last meal” be? Choose a few, if you can’t decide on just one.
Until next time, my friends. I hope the scale treats you well, and that you have a wonderful week!