Happy Friday! Today is my last Friday of summer vacation! I wish I could tell you I was typing this from some amazing location, like the beach, but alas, I’m sitting on my couch in the living room. I did want to make sure to make today really count, since it’s the last Friday I’ll have off in quite some time.
1. I started out today with a Zumba class. My first time taking Zumba since surgery, and it was fantastic! The teacher was super energetic, and really fun. I noticed that I was able to really increase my intensity with the moves like never before. For example, in the past when the class was doing jumping kicks, I’d just keep my feet on the ground and kick. Not today! I was jumping and kicking right along with them. My cha-cha-cha and my meringue probably looked a bit rusty, but I was keeping pace with the rest of the class, which just shows me another NSV – my fitness level is so much stronger than I was before surgery, and it’s only going to get better from here. I decided today in class that once I’m able to fit into the sizes, I’m buying myself some Zumba pants to wear.
2. Speaking of buying clothes, this week I hit another fun milestone – I’ve lost enough weight that I’m able to justify buying bras from Victoria’s Secret. For so long my band size was too large to find anything nice at VS, but now that I’m measuring a 38, there’s so much more within reach. I treated myself to a couple of fun, sexy bras, and I can’t wait for them to arrive.
3. Wednesday evening headed to Italian Heritage Night at the SF Giants, and had a great time. But what is sort of amazing to me is that when my friend snapped this photo of me while we were waiting for the train, I didn’t immediately feel the need to crop the photo so that it only showed my body from the waist up. In fact, when I looked at it again yesterday, I realized just how much smaller my hips/thighs are now. Those are still (and always will be) my biggest problem area, but my body is really transforming. It was really cool to notice it from this photo.
4. School is about to begin, and next week I have two teacher professional development days that I’m attending, which isn’t something worth writing about, except for the fact that this year, the district bought every teacher an iPad! I’m so excited to get mine and try it out. I’m a huge Mac fanatic, but couldn’t see spending that much money on an iPad, when I have a MacBookPro and an iPhone. But since the district is giving us one, hey, I’m all for it. The PD day is supposed to show us some interesting uses of the iPad in the classroom. Yay for free Apple gadgets!
5. Since today is my last Friday, I want to do something fun, so I think I’m going to head to the beach with Sofi so we can both enjoy this beautiful day.
I hope you have a great day!