Happy Monday! It’s been a few weeks since I’ve been able to write up an FMM post, and I’m really looking forward to participating. This weekend was a fun one – I went to a Beauty Trend Show at Nordstrom on Saturday and treated myself to a couple of products as a reward for losing 90 pounds. Sunday I spent the day with family, watching my 49ers lose, and saying goodbye to Dexter as I watched the series finale.
But let’s get to this week’s Friend Makin’ Monday. I’m really interested in this week’s topic because after years of taking myself off the market when it comes to dating, I think I *may* finally be ready to dip my toe in the pond. My friends keep encouraging me to join an online dating site, and I think I may do it next month. (One of my goals for the year was to join an online dating site before the end of November, so this would be a bit ahead of schedule).
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
FMM: Relationships and Dating
1. List five characteristics that you think are important in a significant other.
- Attraction – It’s not all about looks, but I do think being physically attracted to someone is a big factor.
- Intelligence – He’s got to match me, otherwise I’ll be bored.
- Financial Security – I want my guy to at least make what I do, which isn’t too difficult, considering the paltry sum I get paid to teach.
- Ambition – I’m very ambitious, both with my career and in the goals I’ve set for myself, and it would be better if my guy was of a similar mindset.
- Fun – It’s really important that we can have a good time together. Our idea of how we like to spend leisure time should match up.
2. If you had to choose between staying single for the next two years (as in, no dating at all,) or receiving $10,000, which would you choose? At first I thought I’d take the money, but $10,000 isn’t enough to for two years. If it was $50K or more, I’d probably choose the money. I’m used to being single (I haven’t dated in 4 years), and I can always use more money.
3. What is your relationship status? Are you satisfied with it? I’m single and have been for longer than I can remember. Even when I was dating over 4 years ago, it wasn’t really a “significant other” situation. So, I guess I’d say I’m very comfortable with the life I’ve created, but having someone romantic in my life would be a nice addition.
4. Would you date someone who has children? Since I’ve made the decision not to have children, I’d prefer if the guy I’m dating doesn’t have children living with him. Or has children who are older – late teens.
5. Would you date someone who’s shorter than you? No. I’m 5″3′ and I don’t want to date someone who’s less than 5″9′ in his socks. I like taller guys.
6. Would you date someone who has different political views? No, I’d find it difficult to date someone who’s core beliefs were vastly different from my own.
7. If you were going on vacation together, would you choose the beach or the mountains? It really depends. I think both venues could be really romantic. I love the beach (obvi – blog title and all), but cozying up in a mountain cabin could be really fun, too.
8. How do you show someone that you’re interested in them? Flirting? It’s been so long I’m wayyyyy out of practice. I think in person, it’s all about eye contact.
9. Do you prefer to date people who are older than you or younger? It really doesn’t matter. I think I’m young at heart, so I could date younger very easily. But as long as the person had the characteristics I’m looking for, older would be fine, too.
10. Share some details of your dream date. A dream date would be anything the guy put effort into planning. I have lots of interests and can enjoy all sorts of venues, so something that meant he was thinking of me as he figured it out would mean a lot and really impress me.
Now it’s your turn to answer the questions! And also be sure to go back to Kenlie’s blog and leave a link to your FMM post in the comments! I really encourage you to comment on as many people’s posts as you can – I’ve met some fantastic people through FMM. You never know who you’ll meet today.