Happy Monday! Today has actually been a pretty easy transition back to the “real world” after having the week off for spring break. As much as I hate standardized testing, it’s come in handy that we started it this week in my English classes – it makes for a smoother entry into the work week. Because I wasn’t ready to leave Hawaii behind just quite yet, I decided to go Aloha style for my OOTD (you might’ve seen this already on Instagram, if you follow me):
For the months of March and April, FMM is moving locations. Sarah over at Losing Weight and Having Fun is hosting FMM for the time being, and I’m excited to discover her blog and meet a bunch of new bloggers.
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section at: Losing Weight and Having Fun so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
FMM: Favorite things
1. Favorite color? (be specific… what shade of blue/green/red etc)
2. Favorite piece of clothing you own? I’ve been loving skirts and dresses lately, because I can wear them a lot longer than I can pants as I lose weight. I guess I’d say my Michael Kors skirt is my favorite, because it’s so versatile. I can wear it with sweaters, tshirts, or tanks and it can change the look completely.
3. Favorite smartphone app? I’d have to say MyFitnessPal, because I love how easy it makes logging all my food, water, and exercise. Plus, I get so much inspiration and support from all my friends on there – I go to it multiple times a day. If you’re on MFP, too, send me a note and add me, if you’d like.
4. Favorite city? I’d have to say San Francisco. There’s something for everyone there – the beach, art, shopping, amazing food, nightlife, and outdoors activities. Plus, the city itself is just so beautiful.
The Changing Light by Lawrence Ferlinghetti (one of my favorite poets, one of the original Beat Poets, poet laureate of SF, and owner of City Lights Bookstore):
The changing light
at San Francisco
is none of your East Coast light
none of your
pearly light of Paris
The light of San Francisco
is a sea light
an island light
And the light of fog
blanketing the hills
drifting in at night
through the Golden Gate
to lie on the city at dawn
And then the halcyon late mornings
after the fog burns off
and the sun paints white houses
with the sea light of Greece
with sharp clean shadows
making the town look like
it had just been painted
But the wind comes up at four o’clock
sweeping the hills
And then the veil of light of early evening
And then another scrim
when the new night fog
And in that vale of light
the city drifts
anchorless upon the ocean
5. Favorite strength training exercise? I’ve mentioned it before, but since mid January I’ve been doing the Tone It Up exercises, and I absolutely love them. They use your own body weight, along with small dumbbells or kettlebells to tone. The difference I see in my body is noticeable. Plus, the routines are so fun, and the community is really supportive.
6. Favorite vegetable? This is like asking me my favorite book – I love so many that it’s difficult to choose just one. Maybe zucchini because there’s so much you can do with them – make “zoodles,” stuff them, bake them, sauté them, make zucchini fries, steam them, or have them raw with a crudité.
7. Favorite hair product? (shampoo, styling, conditioner etc) I’ve been using Pureology, and I love the way that it keeps my color fresh, but I’ve been noticing that my hair is drier since I’ve started using it. I’ve been using Redken’s Smooth Lock, too, so I’m not sure if it’s the shampoo/conditioner or the styling product that is drying it out. Either way, I think I need to make a change and see if it helps. On a recent trip to Dry Bar to get my hair blown out, I was amazed at how shiny my hair looked. I love how their products smell, so I’m thinking about trying their shampoo, conditioner, and styling products for a bit to see if they work better for me.
8. Favorite animal? Is there any question that I’m going to say dogs?
9. Favorite superhero?
Oh, did you mean a comic book superhero? Then I’d have to say Wonder Woman, I guess. :)
10. Favorite recipe? (share the details with us)
A recipe I make again and again, in summer and winter is my version of Hungry Girl’s 10-Alarm Crockpot Turkey Chili. It’s hearty, satisfying, delicious, easy to prepare, and has great nutritional stats.
Now it’s your turn to answer the questions! And also be sure to go back to Sarah’s blog and leave a link to your FMM post in the comments! I really encourage you to comment on as many people’s posts as you can – I’ve met some fantastic people through FMM. You never know who you’ll meet today.