Last week I finally turned the corner in my bronchial virus, and I really started to feel better as the week went on. I went to the gym twice (Friday afternoon and Sunday am) and enjoyed it so much both times. I also realized that I always make going to the gym into this big ordeal in my mind, when really, there’s nothing to it. Once I’m there I always enjoy myself, or at the very least feel better about myself walking out than I did when I walked in. What’s not to like about that?
So, I think in much the same way that I avoided the gym all summer and chose to take my workouts outside (however few of them there were this summer), I’m going to start hitting the gym 4 times a week. Here’s what I’m thinking:
Sunday – belly dancing
Tuesday – training
Wednesday – aqua aerobics
Friday – training + elliptical/other cardio
I’ll supplement this with my walks with Lulu, the Wii, or housecleaning on the other days, so I’ll be moving my body each and every day, but doing more intense workouts 4/7 days of the week. A good start!
Speaking of good starts, let’s do an Autumn Goals check…
- Track every bite in LoseIt, whether I’m proud of the choice I made or not. Track all exercise in LoseIt, as well. 7/7 days.
- Stay within 1200-1400 calories on weekdays; 1600-1800 on weekends, if needed. Most days this past week that I averaged 1400-1500 calories each day, but I ate all healthy, whole foods, so I’m not too worried.
- Cook dinner for myself 5 nights a week, at least. Done!
- Prepare breakfast and lunches the night before. Done!
- Pack a bag of workout clothes and keep it in my car, so I can go to the gym right after school, no excuses. I’ve realized that this one isn’t a priority for me. I much prefer getting my workout bag together at night before dinner or right before bed. This is the last time I’m going to have this one on the list.
- Take a class/workout at the gym 3 days a week. I was sick for most of the week, but I did make it to the gym on Friday for 20 minutes on the elliptical and back again on Sunday for SharQui, the belly dancing class!
- Walk Lulu every day, with 2 walks/day on the weekends. We took a walk every day, but I don’t know if that 2nd walk is really realistic. I usually take her to the dog park (plus the walk) on the weekends, and that seems to be enough exercise for her.
- Supplement “gym days” with Wii workouts. Sick, not completed.
- Keep the fridge/pantry/freezer/snack drawer stocked with healthy choices. Done!
- Drink at least 64oz of water a day! Done! The medication I’m taking makes me thirsty, so I’m doing really well on my water intake this week.
I would say that I’m 95% better, and only really cough if I’m over-exerting myself, so the workouts are going to continue, beginning with belly dancing on Sunday and continuing with my first official training session with Robbie this afternoon at 4pm!
This week is going to be another great one!