It’s finally starting to feel like Fall where I live, which is so nice. I love Fall/Winter weather because where I live in the SF Bay Area it’s fairly moderate. Yes, we get lots of rain, and yes, we have cold days, but “cold” is very relative, especially compared to my friends in the Midwest and on the East Coast. (Having visited Chicago last Thanksgiving, I found this out all too well). What I love most is the clothes, the food, and the overall comfort these seasons afford. The summer is nice, too, but there’s something so cozy about this time of year that really can’t be duplicated.
And on that note, I think it’s time for the Autumn Goals check-in…
- Track every bite in LoseIt, whether I’m proud of the choice I made or not. Track all exercise in LoseIt, as well. 6/7 days – Thursday was really hectic all day, and before I knew it, it was over and I hadn’t tracked.
- Stay within 1200-1400 calories on weekdays; 1600-1800 on weekends, if needed. I just wrote an email to Scale Warfare about this – my calories have been more along the 1400-1700 range. I’m disappointed in myself because I’m not adhering to the 1200-calorie limit, but then I remind myself that I can still lose weight eating more calories AND I haven’t gone back to smoking (which increases appetite/snackiness).
- Cook dinner for myself 5 nights a week, at least. Done!
- Prepare breakfast and lunches the night before. Done!
- Take a class/workout at the gym 3 days a week. 2/3 I had my training appointments on Tuesday & Friday, but I didn’t make it to the gym for the 3rd time last week.
- Walk Lulu every day. 7/7+ We’ve been taking a mini walk in the morning (about 10 minutes) and then another walk in the afternoon (at least 15-20 minutes) every day.
- Supplement “gym days” with Wii workouts. Fail.
- Keep the fridge/pantry/freezer/snack drawer stocked with healthy choices. Done!
- Drink at least 64oz of water a day! Done!
I’m proud of myself for sticking to my goals, overall. Now that I’ve done these for 4 weeks, I would say that they’ve become ingrained, for the most part. Workouts still remain the most difficult part for me, but now the reason for that is more about schedule than it is about intention.
With that said, Scale Warfare and I were thinking that it might be a good time to start a Countdown to Christmas/New Year’s Challenge. And for me, since working out has been the biggest issue, I think that’s what I’d like to focus on. She and I are still deciding details, but we’ll let you know as soon as we’ve got it set. Only 10 weeks before 2011!!!!