Happy Monday, Everyone! My weekend was really quiet, in a nice way. I spent quite a bit of time organizing around the house (although I’m still not done with my closets, but more on that in another post), I saw Ice Age:Continental Drift with the entire family, and of course, I’ve been watching (and wearing) the Olympics.
I enjoy so many sports, but my favorites are swimming (go, Lochte, go!!!!) and gymnastics (my heart is broken for Jordyn Wieber). I am really loving watching all of these athletes pursue their dreams. Their commitment and passion is incredible. Seeing these people thrive in their areas of expertise really inspires me to do the best I can with my workouts. I’m doing a double workout today – a beginners’ mat Pilates class followed directly by a Zumba class.
The Olympic athletes segue nicely into today’s topic for FMM.
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
FMM: Goals and More
1. Brag about some of your daily, healthy habits. I have dedicated this summer to myself and my weight loss. Which has meant taking my vitamins, drinking my water, getting in my workouts, and eating healthy. I’ve done amazingly well, with few exceptions. I’m proud of my consistency, which is something I struggle with.
2. Do you track your daily food intake? If so, how? Yes, I track all my food, vitamins, water, and exercise in MyFitnessPal. I have made lots of great “pals” on there who spur me on and are uber supportive. I highly recommend it. I really like keeping track of everything, because it gives me some accountability, but it also gives me a great record to look back on. I’ve learned so much about my body and my weight loss patterns.
3. What do you want to change most about your daily routine? I would love to get to the point where food isn’t the focus of my day. I seriously spend so much time planning my food that I feel like meal times are sometimes the highlight of my day.
4. How often do you exercise? This summer I’ve been exercising about 6 days a week, often more than one workout in a day. But when I’m working I usually aim for 5 times a week.
5. How do you stay on track when you’re on the go? I do my best to plan my day so that I can eat at home whenever possible. If it’s not, I either bring food with me or I make sure there’s a really good option for me to eat out.
6. What’s one excuse you use that prevents you from reaching your goals? I negotiate with myself too often. Like, it’s ok if I skip that workout today, I’ll do double tomorrow. Or, I can indulge in _____ because I worked out so hard today. A bit of this is normal, but it can become out of hand very quickly. I’ve done my best this summer to stop negotiating.
7. What scares your most about your journey? The idea that I’ve spent all this time striving to reach my ultimate goal, and I don’t ever reach it. That I’ve written 1164 blog posts and won’t achieved what I set out to. That would destroy me. So I persevere, because failure is not an option.
8. What do you think will change most when you reach your goal? (If you have reached it, what’s different?) I think so many things will change – from my wardrobe to my willingness to date. I really like the person I am now, but I know I will fulfill my true destiny at my goal weight.
9. What motivates you to reach your goals? The main motivation comes from within. The fact that this is the one goal that I have yet to accomplish. I’m always accomplish the goals I set my mind to, and this one shouldn’t be any different. Beyond that, there are so many little things – the clothes, the activities (like zip lining!). And never again hearing, “you’ve got such a pretty face, if you’d only lose weight.”
10. Share a few of your goals. Right now my main goal is to reach the pre-op goal weight that my surgeon set for me. I have 19 lbs to go. I’ll be undergoing VSG surgery, which you can read more about here. I also have goals for 2012 listed here, which I need to update later today.
Now it’s your turn to share. Don’t forget to go back to Kenlie’s blog to link up in the comments!