Happy Monday, Everyone! This past weekend was my last one without any major obligations. This week I return to school 3/5 days, which will ease me into my full school schedule, which begins August 20th. I continued a new obsession, nail care, on Friday after a shopping trip on the cosmetic aisle at Target. I relaxed and enjoyed life most of Saturday, and then had a bit of a cooking debacle on Saturday night. And then yesterday, I spent 3 1/2 hours cleaning my house from top to bottom, which felt great. It’s sparkling clean! Now all I have is the closets, which I’m planning on tackling later this afternoon and again on Thursday. Today I’m looking forward to catching up with FaveCousin as we enjoy some pool time.
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
FMM: In the Kitchen
1. How often do you cook at home? Every single day – breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I rarely eat out, and have all but cut out social engagements that involve food until I reach my pre-surgery weight loss goal.
2. Do you eat more fresh produce, frozen or canned produce? I really only eat fresh produce. The only time I have frozen is for my smoothies because frozen fruit works better. If it’s not in season, I don’t eat it. That’s how I grew up. I’m also lucky enough to live in the SF Bay Area, where fresh fruits and veggies are locally grown and available year-round.
3. What are a few unusual staples that can always be found in your kitchen? This one is difficult to answer, because the foods I eat all seem common to me, but then again, I’m used to eating all kinds of food. Maybe ricotta? I love having it on a piece of toast topped with a tomato. Or spread over a wrap. So good!
5. Now share the most unhealthy thing in it. I have some beer in the back of the fridge, in case someone comes over and wants one, but I haven’t had one in months. In fact, I haven’t had much alcohol at all, since I’ve been stricter with my diet.
6. Do you eat leftovers? Definitely. The one thing I won’t do is eat the same thing for dinner two nights in a row. I need variety.
7. Do you use coupons at the supermarket? Not really. I do pay attention to what’s on sale when I’m at the grocery store, though. Since I get most of my groceries from Trader Joe’s coupons and sales really aren’t applicable. The one thing I do use is the “Just for You” program that Safeway has. I like that it’s customizable.
8. How often do you try new recipes? I used to try a new recipe every single week, but now I just try new recipes when I see something that inspires me, like Sriracha-grilled tofu. With Pinterest, it’s so easy to find new recipe inspiration. I’m much better about trying new things in the fall and winter, when I’m less on-the-go and my schedule is more regulated.
9. Do you make grocery lists? Normally I don’t make grocery lists, unless I have a recipe in mind that I’m shopping for. I buy what interests me at the store, as long as it fits within my food guidelines.
10. If you could buy one food item that would magically be calorie-free, which item would you choose? Pasta!
I absolutely loved this week’s topic, and I look forward to getting inspired by reading everyone else’s posts. Now it’s your turn to share. Don’t forget to go back to Kenlie’s blog to link up in the comments!