Happy Monday, Everyone! Another Monday that I’m playing hookie – two Mondays in a row! I’d scheduled the day off today weeks ago when I looked at my calendar. I have a supervision duty on Friday night from 6:30pm-9:30pm and then I have to turn around and be at school at 7:30am on Saturday morning to proctor the PSAT, and I realized that next weekend is going to fly by, so I might as well extend this weekend. The plans for today are to get some household chores done, make a long phone call to my uncle who lives in Michigan, read, blog, and work on some curriculum planning. I’m also planning on going on a nice long bike ride once the sun finally breaks through this morning fog that we have going on today.
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
FMM: Quick and Random
1. Choose three songs that would be on the soundtrack of your life. These Are Days by 10,000 Maniacs, In Between Days by The Cure, and There’s a Girl by The Ditty Bops.
2. Share the details of one project that you’re currently working on.
For work, I’m designing curriculum units on The American Romantics: Light Romanticism, Transcendentalism, and Dark Romanticism. Then we’ll move into Realism before the end of the semester. I’ve covered these literary periods in the past, but I’m redesigning the units by focusing on stories rather than novels, covering each movement in more depth. Since I’m using entirely different literature than I have in the past, it means creating new assignments, essay prompts, quizzes, and a semester final. It’s a lot of work, but I love the challenge because it keeps things fresh, which isn’t easy to do after 13 years of teaching American Literature.
At home, I just finished decorating for Halloween and Fall (although more Fall will come into play once Halloween is over). My other mini project is to make my own version of these Motivation Marbles that I found on Pinterest. I’ll definitely post about it when I’ve made them.
3. If you could learn to do one thing overnight what would it be? I’m taking my cue from Kenlie and I’ll say that I’d love to know how to speak Italian fluently.
4. If you could be a fictional character which one would you be? Wow, this is a hard one for me because I have so many characters swirling in my English teacher’s brain. Most of the literary characters I know lead lives that end sadly, so I’ll choose Samantha Baker, who is Molly Ringwald’s character in Sixteen Candles. Who doesn’t want to kiss Jake Ryan?!
5. What’s your favorite thing about the month of October? I love the layered clothing, the crisp mornings and chilly evenings, and the fact that The Holidays are more than a month away. Don’t get me wrong, I love The Holidays, but life gets really hectic during that season, so it’s nice to enjoy the calm that comes with October.
6. Share one TV show that you’re embarrassed to admit you watch. I’m not really embarrassed by this, but I do watch every Real Housewives franchise.
7. Name one friend that you’re thankful to have in your life today. I am immensely thankful that I have ScaleWarfare in my life. She is one of my best friends, a huge support, and an amazing person. She’s making some major life changes, and I am so proud of her for making sure her life is as healthy as possible in every aspect.
8. What was the most relaxing part of your weekend? I was able to spend quite a bit of time reading, which is always really relaxing for me. I just finished reading Jane Vows Vengeance by Michael Thomas Ford and I’m currently reading The Opportunist by Tarryn Fisher.
9. Do you like to dance? I love dancing! In fact, yesterday my 5-year-old niece and I held a mini dance party as we played Wii Just Dance for about 30 minutes.
10. Share one thing that you’re looking forward to before the end of the year. I’m looking forward to meeting my mini weight loss goal before the end of 2012. It has been my main focus of the year, and it will be such an accomplishment when I meet the goal.
Now it’s your turn to share. Don’t forget to go back to Kenlie’s blog to link up in the comments!