I had quite a list of goals for 2012.
I accomplished some and others were left by the wayside.
- Weight loss and working out took up several of my goals, and while I didn’t lose the 50 pounds that I hoped I would, I did see my first true success in a long time.
- Another goal was to stop trying to control everything. I tried on this one, but being in charge is who I am, so I think my main thing was trying to soften my delivery.
- I wanted to read my books in 2012. I gave myself a goal to read 30 books and I actually read 28, which isn’t too shabby, especially considering that I only read 19 books the previous year.
- I didn’t crochet or scrapbook at all. I do want to get more crafty and creative in 2013.
- I didn’t start C25K or run in a 5K because I didn’t get to the weight I needed to begin attempting to jog.
- I wanted to get more social, and while I did see a few friends here and there, I was a bit of a homebody in 2012. I’ve been making up for it these last couple of weeks, though.
I think the problem with setting goals or making resolutions is that it’s difficult to predict where life will go. I’m a huge goal setter, and I like having something to strive toward, but it’s also disappointing if I don’t achieve the goals.
So for 2013, I’m not going to write out a list of goals. I’m just going to live life and go after everything I want to accomplish.