Happy Monday! Today is my first day back to work after two and half weeks off, and I have to say, I’m doing much better than expected. While I didn’t go to bed at 10pm as I planned to, I did get to sleep earlier than I usually do, and I think having the soothing sounds helped. I woke up refreshed and ready to go at 5:30am, which is no small feat.
This is the first time in the nine years I’ve taught at my school that we’ve begun the second semester after Winter Break. In the past, we would have two more weeks of the semester, and then have finals right before MLK Day. I like it so much better this way! It’s so nice to start fresh after the holidays and have it truly be a FRESH START.
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
FMM: Simple Questions
1. Outside my window I see…Sofi romping around my backyard, sniffing all the new scents that emerge after the rain.
2. My kitchen counters are…old, but well maintained formica. My landlord has plans to change over to granite in the future.
3. Yesterday I drank…the best hot tea! Have you guys tried Good Earth original sweet & spicy tea? If not, I highly recommend it. It’s ideal for this time of year, plus it really helps curb sweet cravings after dinner. I drink the herbal tea and count it as part of my water intake.
4. My cell phone is…an iPhone 4, and I have it with me at all times.
5. My computer is…a 2006 Macbook Pro that is still going strong. I’ve updated the operating system and purchased a new battery, and it’s perfect. I love it!
6. My favorite reality show is…on Bravo. I watch almost all of them (Shahs of Sunset, all the Real Housewives, Top Chef, Million Dollar Decorator, etc.), so I’m not going to choose. Although, since Biggest Loser started up again last night, that would definitely be in the top 5.
7. My workouts are…planned out for the next two weeks. I’ve scheduled all of my workouts into my iCal, so I’m treating them as if they’re set in stone.
8. The last book I read is…The Paris Wife. Actually, I’m currently reading it, and I love it. I’m not a huge fan of Hemingway’s writing, but I am so intrigued by his life. He’s someone I would’ve loved to sit down and have a drink (or three) with. (To see the other books I’ve been reading, just click on my Goodreads widget, to the right —>).
9. My week will be….busy! Beginning of a new semester, planning for a substitute for 5 days while I’m working from home recreating our school website, workouts, and family time. Whew!
10. So far 2013 has been…happy and positive. Seven days in and it’s so far, so good.
Now it’s your turn to answer this week’s questions. Don’t forget to link back to Kenlie’s blog in the comments! Happy Monday, friends!