Happy Monday! It’s still technically Monday, although it is after 11pm as I type this. Today was bananas, but it was a really productive day. I got a TON of work done on the school website, I worked out, I ate on track, and now I’m writing on the blog.
This weekend was really fun! First of all, my 49ers did fabulously well in their game, and continue on in the playoffs. Colin Kaepernick really made a name for himself in Sunday’s game, and I can’t wait to see where he takes us in the coming years. This weekend I also went over to Tinkerbell’s house, which is adorable, by the way, and met her hubby and some of their friends. It was fun meeting new people, but even better, it was so good for me to break my usual habit. For the past few years, I find myself getting to be more of a homebody, especially in these past 6 months or so as I’ve been striving even harder for this weight loss. Yesterday, Tinkerbell invited me over to her house for a few hours to watch football. My first inclination was, “I have work to do, I need to stay on plan, so I shouldn’t go.” But then I snapped myself out of it: “you always say that you wish you had more friends who could do things with you. Well, here’s a great, new friend inviting you over. Don’t say no. Make it work.” And that’s exactly what I did. Since Tink is also on this same WLS journey, she told me they weren’t putting any snacks out. I brought my own bubbly water with me, and it worked perfectly. I had a great time, I stayed completely on track, and I was so glad I went. The weekend reminded me I’m a really outgoing person who loves being around people, and there’s really no reason for me to isolate myself the way I’ve been doing. I definitely made progress on Goal #9 for my 13 in 13.
But now let’s get to FMM. I peeked at the questions, and these are going to be fun.
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
FMM: Interesting Things
1. What is the last movie you saw in a theater? I saw Silver Linings Playbook a couple of weeks ago, and I absolutely loved it. I highly recommend it to everyone. I still need to see Lincoln and Zero Dark Thirty.
2. How old were you when you had your first kiss? I was 15 before I had my first real kiss, but I think there my have been some cheek kisses in middle school.
3. Share the coolest thing that you’ve done so far in 2013. So far the best thing that’s happened is developing a much stronger friendship with Tinkerbell. She and I have so much in common, and it’s fun that we’re also trying to get healthy, so we can support each other on a daily basis. These past few years, I’ve gotten most of my weight loss support online, which I’ve appreciated more than I can say, but it’s really nice to have a person who lives in my neighborhood who can share this whole experience with me, too.
4. What kind of cell phone do you use? Do you love it? I have an iPhone 4 and I do love it. It’s like another appendage.
5. How many times do you plan to workout this week? I have 6 workouts in my iCal between today and Sunday.
- Monday: OnDemand kickboxing
- Tuesday: bike ride with Tink
- Wednesday: elliptical/bike gym date with co-worker
- Thursday: Bella Tri (elliptical: 10 min, bike: 20 min, swim: 30 min)
- Saturday: Zumba
- Sunday: yoga @ Lululemon
6. What is your favorite movie from the 80′s? No doubt in my mind that it’s Breakfast Club.
7. If you could choose one character from a TV show or a movie to fall head over heels for you, who would it be? What a fun question! The first character who came to mind was Damon from Vampire Diaries. I mean, c’mon:
8. If you could eat one food everyday for the rest of your life without gaining any weight as a result, what would you choose? Pasta. Predictable, huh?
9. What is your favorite flower? I love dahlias. I remember when I lived in San Francisco, I once saw a man carrying a bunch of dahlias home after work on a Friday, (I assumed to his girlfriend/wife) and I thought that was one of the most romantic things I’d ever seen.
10. Did you watch the Golden Globes last night? I watched most of it, and absolutely loved Tina Fey and Amy Poehler as hosts. I was moved to tears by Jodie Foster’s speech, and was thrilled that Ben Affleck got a bit of “Argo fuck yourself” with his wins.
Now it’s your turn to answer this week’s questions. Don’t forget to link back to Kenlie’s blog in the comments! Happy Monday, friends!