1. I completed my project revamping the school website, and everyone is really pleased. It always feels good to be recognized for a job well done, especially with something that was so time consuming.
2. Tuesday evening my sister had asked me to watch my 5-year-old niece for a couple of hours, and my first thought was, let’s play Just Dance 4! I’d given it to my nieces for Christmas, but none of us had a chance to check it out yet. So we popped it into the player and we boogied for 45 minutes! My niece’s favorite songs were Call Me Maybe (hey, she’s five) and You Don’t Know You’re Beautiful (One Direction). She was jumping around so much that my sister said her feet hurt for two days afterward. Poor baby! That just shows how much we were getting into it. I liked the new songs, and I can’t wait to try it again.
3. Goal #9 for my 13 in 13 is to do fun things with other people (i.e. get more social). So far, I’ve been doing really well on this goal. Last Sunday, I went over Tinkerbell and her hubby’s house to watch the Patriots’ game. It was fun meeting new people, and getting out of the house for a couple of hours. This weekend I have plans to go on a bike ride with Tink and have dinner with my sister and parents (I’m bringing my food to eat so that I can stay on track) on Saturday, and then on Sunday after the 49ers game, go to coffee with Di, one of my best friends since high school. I’ve made plans with Ani, too. We’re going yoga at Lululemon on Sunday morning and then a combo puppy play date/ bike ride on Monday. I am loving getting back to my extroverted, social self.
4. I’ve been reading The Paris Wife, and I really enjoy it. So far this year I haven’t followed my plan of carving out an hour each Saturday and Sunday to read, so this weekend I’m going to rectify that. The weather is supposed to warm up this weekend, so I’m heading to my backyard to read in the fresh air.
5. I found this right before the new year on Pinterest, and so far, it has been completely true:
Since I didn’t officially finish this post until Saturday morning, I figured I’d throw in one more to make it a Saturday Six, or should I say, a Quest for Six: