Spring has sprung! Which means that the weather is turning warmer, the days are getting longer, and fitting in outdoor activities is a whole lot easier. Spring is a time of renewal, and the spring of 2013 is going to be one where my life is Refreshed. I’m living my life in full bloom! Now that I’ve made my pre-op weight loss requirement, all the pounds I lose this spring are just like extra petals on a flower, making my life just a bit more beautiful. Sunday weigh-ins will keep me accountable through the weekend, and will give me a positive goal to begin each new week. I’m embarking on more than just a diet plan, I’m establishing a lifestyle – my new beginning. My Sunday progress updates will be called Super Spring Weigh-Ins.
This week I worked really hard, cut my calories, worked out, and did everything I could to make it to my goal.
Yesterday morning I weighed in at 279.6, which is down 6.4 lbs from last week! Which also means that I not only made it to the ultimate weight loss requirement that my surgeon set for me, but I surpassed it by 1.4 lbs!!!
I don’t think I can explain what this means to me! But of course I’m going to try.
- It means that I’ve finally been able to do something that it’s taken me two years and eight months to accomplish.
- It means that all of that perseverance paid off.
- It means that all of those different food plans and diets were worth the money spent and struggle to follow. Although ironically, what ultimately got me to this point was following Kaiser’s pre-op plan consistently.
- It means that all of those hours of sweat transformed me from a person who worked out because she *should* to a person who enjoys tackling the new challenges that workouts bring.
- It means that all of those instances of doubt, fear of failing, and moments of self-sabotage were wrong. I did it!
- It means that all of those ups and downs and around the bends have led me to this new path on my journey.
I couldn’t wait to get to a Kaiser yesterday so that I could get this weight loss officially recorded. The office that was open had an old-fashioned, non-digital scale, which worried me, but when I weighed in, it recorded my weight accurately, and the medical assistant entered it into the system and sent it to my surgeon, so all was well.
So now, I wait for Kaiser to tell me my surgery date. All that I’m required to do is maintain this weight loss, but since it will be at least a few weeks until surgery (trying to think positive), I’d like to get to 275 (losing 4-5 more pounds). I’m going to call in on Monday and speak with the surgery scheduler again, informing her that I’ve now had my weight officially recorded and letting her know that I’m available to fill in for a cancellation. As soon as I get a date, I’ll let you know.
You’ll notice the ticker on the side has a new weight loss goal – 75 lbs lost. I think that’s a significant milestone to reach for, and when I do, I’ll definitely reward myself with something. Probably something workout-related. Any ideas?
Here’s this week’s workout plan:
Sunday: treadmill (20 minutes); bike ride
Monday: treadmill (20 minutes); gym: elliptical + recumbent bike; walk with Sofi
Tuesday: treadmill (20 minutes); OnDemand; walk with Sofi
Wednesday: treadmill (20 minutes); gym: elliptical + recumbent bike
Thursday: treadmill (20 minutes); walk with Sofi
Friday: treadmill (30 minutes); gym: elliptical + recumbent bike; walk with Sofi
Saturday: Zumba; cleaning
Until next Sunday, my friends. I hope the scale treats you well, and that you have a wonderful week!