Happy Monday! I hope your weekend was as great as mine was. The weather around here was wild – 100 degrees on Saturday and then incredibly windy and mid-70s on Sunday. Our weather never fluctuates that dramatically in just one day, so it was really strange. I did get a chance to hit the beach to beat the heat on Saturday, and it was a really fun time. I love seeing the joy that Sofi exhibits the moment her little paws hit the sand. And really, is there anything better than walking along the beach? Yesterday I met up with EH, who had been subbing for my classes while I was on medical leave, and it was great to catch up. I’d gotten her a really special thank you gift, and she loved it. It’s so much fun to get someone something you know they’re going to love. Then my sister and I spent most of the day together, acting goofy, cooking, and taking the pups for a long walk.
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
FMM: How Do You Celebrate?
1. When is your birthday? July 2 – it’s coming up fast! 🙂
2. Do you like to celebrate it or do you prefer to keep it quiet? My parents were great about always making my birthday a fun celebration, even if it was just our immediate family. Now that I’m older, each year the level of celebration differs – my sister organized a fabulous party for me when I turned 40 two years ago, but then on years like this one (which don’t end in a 0 or a 5), I’ll probably celebrate with a quiet dinner with the fam. But when in doubt, I say CELEBRATE!
3. Have you ever had a surprise party? Not yet…. This is actually one of my secret bucket list hopes.
4. What sign are you? Does it represent you well? I’m a Cancer, and while there are parts of it that are SO like me: nesting, being emotional and intuitive, showing loyalty, and loving family and friends. But I’m definitely not introverted, or someone who is scared of conflict.
5. Do you tell the truth about your age? Absolutely! I’m going to be 42 in less than a month, and I am really proud of that. No one ever guesses my age, and are usually shocked when I tell them. I think it’s a combo of being young-at-heart and having good genes/great skin (no wrinkles).
6. Share your best birthday memory. Every birthday something wonderful happens, so I don’t think I could choose just one “best.” The best thing about every birthday is the love that family and friends show by spending time to celebrate me.
7. Share a few item that could be on your birthday wishlist. I actually have quite a few things on my Amazon Wishlist. So many of them are practical: Fitbit Flex, Eggface’s Bento Box for lunches, and some new sneaks. If it were an “anything goes” wishlist, it would include: an iPad, a Sephora shopping spree, and maybe a little something from Tiffany.
8. What is your favorite kind of cake? Believe it or not, I really don’t like birthday cake. I’m much more of a pound cake or carrot cake type of person.
9. If you could be anywhere on your next birthday, where would you be? I’d be on a Hawaiian beach, with my friends and family.
10. Do you make a wish when you blow out the candles? Every year!
Now it’s your turn to answer the questions! And also be sure to go back to Kenlie’s blog and leave a link to your FMM post in the comments! I really encourage you to comment on as many people’s posts as you can – I’ve met some fantastic people through FMM. You never know who you’ll meet today.