Happy Monday! I had a fantastic time with my dad (and the rest of our family) for Father’s Day yesterday. I’m so lucky that I have such a close relationship with my dad and that he and I can spend so much time together, especially in the summer. Since he and I both have summers off (my dad “retired” about 5 years ago, after 38 years of teaching, but he continues to substitute most days during the school year), we’re able to hang out all the time. We pal around and go to blockbuster movies, go swimming, and just spend time together. Believe me, I know how rare our relationship is, and I feel blessed.
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
FMM: Just Wondering
1. Do you wear glasses and/or contacts? I don’t have to! I had the Lasik surgery in 2001, and it was one of the best things I’ve ever done. I still have near-perfect vision 12 years later.
2. Do you have summer vacation plans? If so, where are you going? No trips planned this summer. I will go on day trips to Half Moon Bay, Monterrey/Carmel, Santa Cruz, and San Francisco, though. It’s great that I live so close to all of these places that people go on vacation. I think that may be one of the reasons I haven’t gone on a “real” vacation in so long. Well, that and the fact that I haven’t been able to save much money. My main plan for my summer break is to get as much exercise (and weight off) as possible.
3. What is your favorite food to eat for breakfast? I’ve been going between Greek yogurt + berries + Go Lean Crunch or EggFace’s Breakfast Bites.
4. Do you enjoy window shopping? It really depends on my mood. I love being able to buy things, but sometimes just looking around is really fun, too. I can see myself doing a lot more “trying on” with clothes as I go down in sizes. I’m trying really hard not to buy too many outfits while I’m in this time of major transition.
5. What is your favorite candle scent? I don’t really have a favorite scent, but I did recently go into Bath and Body Works and I smelled some great summertime candles – Lakeside, Summertime S’Mores, and Aloha Waikiki. Hmmm, I think I may just have to head to a BBW and get myself a new candle this week.
6. If you had to choose between going to a zoo or an aquarium, which one would you pick? Since I love the ocean and all things that go with that, I’d definitely choose an aquarium.
7. How many times do you plan to exercise this week? I’m planning on working out 6 days this week. At least three times at the pool, 2-3 gym cardio sessions, and at least 3 weight training sessions.
8. Do you speak another language fluently? No. I’ve had 5 years of instruction in Spanish, (3 years in high school, and another 2 in college), and I can understand much of it, but I’m in no way fluent. I’d actually really like to learn to speak Italian, since that’s my heritage.
9. What are you currently reading?
I’m reading The Glass Wives by Amy Sue Nathan, among a few others.
10. What are you looking forward to most in the coming week? I have my WLS support group meeting on Wednesday. It’ll be my first since surgery, so I’m excited to share my experiences.
Now it’s your turn to answer the questions! And also be sure to go back to Kenlie’s blog and leave a link to your FMM post in the comments! I really encourage you to comment on as many people’s posts as you can – I’ve met some fantastic people through FMM. You never know who you’ll meet today.