Happy Monday! I love it when the first day of a new month is on a Monday; it feels so organized. This week is going to be a fun one because my birthday is tomorrow and then the 4th of July is on Thursday. Lots of celebrations planned:
- Monday: a blowout and dinner at a steakhouse with Tinkerbell
- Tuesday: (my birthday!) pedicure with my sis, presents!, dinner with the fam at a fun seafood restaurant
- Wednesday: Starbucks w/ HK, dinner w/ sis and Di at a healthy Cal/Mex restaurant
- Thursday: 4th of July BBQ at my house
- Friday: Movies with my dad
Sounds like a great week, right? But now let’s get on with this week’s topic.
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
FMM: The Internet
1. Have you ever met anyone online before meeting them in person? Oh, honey, have I?! I could write an entire book about the crazy dates I went on from my online dating days from 1999-2002. My friends kept encouraging me to go on dates, not because they hoped I would meet The One (although of course I they wanted me to), but because they wanted to be entertained with the incredible stories. Which is not to say that I wouldn’t do online dating again; in fact, it’s one of my 2013 goals.
2. What is your opinion on social media’s impact on our society? Does it make life better or worse? I really enjoy social media, and as I’ve said I’ve met lots of great people. I have lots of friends who live all over the country, so social media has made it so much easier to keep up with their lives. I also like how accessible things are. I agree with Kenlie that my attention span has suffered because of the Internet, but the tradeoff is worth it, I think.
3. Do you believe that it’s possible to fall in love with someone that you’ve never met in person? I’m sure you can, but it’s never happened to me.
4. Do you prefer to shop in stores or online? For the past several years, I’ve done most of my shopping online, but now that I’ve been losing significant weight and fitting into smaller sizes, I’m loving going into the stores and trying clothes on. But for other items, I still prefer to buy things online. Sometimes it’s a lot easier to buy something on Amazon than running across town to pick it up.
5. What blogging platform do you use? (WordPress, Blogger, something else?) I use WordPress, and I love it.
6. Have you ever blogged for another site? Would you? I would love to blog for another site, but I haven’t done so yet.
7. Do you use services like Netflix and Hulu? Do I? I’m the queen of this kind of entertainment! Netflix, Hulu, XFinity OnDemand, and Amazon Prime videos. Plus, my DVR is going every single night. I know, I know, too much TV, but it’s part of how I keep up with pop culture, so don’t judge. 😛
8. Would you prefer to get blog comments or to interact on twitter? To me, my blog is more personal, so I prefer comments on here. I’m not on Twitter as much as I could be, but it is nice when I get a mention on there.
9. Do you prefer to read books or e-books? I love e-books, which may be strange coming from an English teacher, but I love how easy and convenient they are. There’s still nothing like the smell of a new book, but I haven’t bought one in a while.
10. Share at least one experience that you would not have had without being a blog author. Being asked to review products or become a Sweat Pink Ambassador would never happen without this blog.
Now it’s your turn to answer the questions! And also be sure to go back to Kenlie’s blog and leave a link to your FMM post in the comments! I really encourage you to comment on as many people’s posts as you can – I’ve met some fantastic people through FMM. You never know who you’ll meet today.