Happy Monday! This week’s topic is really apropos because today was my first day of school. I had a fantastic day, met some really great students, and even had a whole classroom full of kids applaud me when I shared how much weight I’ve lost. (95% of the students in my Journalism class were in my honors class last year, so they already knew I’d lost weight, but when I shared the actual number, they were really impressed). My dress looked adorable, and I just felt on top of the world. I really can’t ask more from a first day of school, well, except that I hope the AC works tomorrow, since it was out today, and it was a scorcher.
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
FMM: School Days
1. What was your favorite subject in school? English, which is why I now teach high school English.
2. Did you attend elementary school and high school in the same town? Yes, in fact in the same neighborhood. Both were Catholic schools that my sister and I could walk to from our house. The elementary school was less than 10 minutes away and the high school was less than 5 minutes.
3. Are you still friends with anyone that you met during school? Most of my best friends are girls I was friends with in high school. I have many FB friends who went to elementary school with, but we don’t often see each other in real life.
4. What activities were you involved in as a student? I was in the pep club, student leadership, and journalism. None of which should be surprising to anyone who knows me.
5. Did you bring your lunch, or did you get it at school? Elementary school only offered hot lunch on Wednesdays, so I brought my lunch everyday. In high school, they offered lunch, but I brought it – my mom is a much better cook than anything we could’ve bought.
6. Did you enjoy shopping for clothing and school supplies? I wore a uniform, a blue, plaid skirt, for 12 years, so clothes weren’t really fun for me. But I did love going shoe shopping, and I’m still a sucker for school supplies.
7. Name a song or a band that reminds you of high school. The Cure.
8. Did you like school? I loved it. When we were young my sister and I would “play school” in my bedroom. I even had a chalkboard. We’d make a class out of all of our stuffed animals, and I’d teach. My sister hated it when I called on the stuffed animals before I called on her to answer the questions. LOL.
9. How long have you been out of school? It’s been 24 years since I graduated from high school, and I finished up my masters degree in 2008 (5 years).
10. What did you like most about school? What did you dislike most about school? I loved learning, being social, seeing my friends, getting to know my teachers. I disliked any of the mean girl bullshit that went along with school; luckily I dealt with it very little compared to most.
Now it’s your turn to answer the questions! And also be sure to go back to Kenlie’s blog and leave a link to your FMM post in the comments! I really encourage you to comment on as many people’s posts as you can – I’ve met some fantastic people through FMM. You never know who you’ll meet today.