Happy Monday! In an effort to write on this blog more than once a week, and since I find myself with a bit of time on my hands this afternoon, I thought I’d participate in this week’s FMM.
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
1. How long have you been blogging? I started my original blog, Bella’s Bold Brilliant Blog, back in February of 2007. Then I began this blog in 2008, and managing two different blogs was too time consuming, so I made the decision to forgo my other blog and keep this one. Plus, the main focus of my thoughts/actions/free time for the past 6+ years has been weight loss, so it made sense to focus on Bella on the Beach. I can’t believe I’ve been blogging for almost 10 years.
2. What is the overwhelming theme of your blog? Weight loss, health, and fitness.
3. Have you connected with people in person after meeting them through blogging? I haven’t met anyone in person, but I’ve connected with several people through this blog. Because we live across the country from one another, we’ve kept our contacts to emails/texts/phone calls/FB. But I feel closer to some of my blogging buddies than I do to some of my real life friends.
4. What do you enjoy most about blogging? It’s such a creative outlet for me. I’m able to express my thoughts, frustrations, plans, and triumphs. I don’t know what I’d do without this blog.
5. How often do you blog? I used to write almost everyday, but this school year has gotten so busy that I’ve only been blogging once or twice a week, on average. I really want to try to write more frequently.
6. Share one thing that you don’t like about blogging. I really dislike the “trolls” who think they know everything about my life because they’ve read a few blog entries. They hide behind the anonymity of the internet to say mean and hateful things. Then again, all I have to do is click “delete” and “block,” and I never really have to worry about them again.
7. Do you talk about your blog in everyday life? Select friends and family know about my blog, but it’s not something I share openly with everyone.
8. What is the coolest and most unexpected thing that has happened to you as a result of blogging? I’ve made some amazing friendships, as I mentioned already. I’ve also had some really unique opportunities, like being asked to join the Sweat Pink Ambassadors.
9. Are there topics that are off-limits on your blog? If so, name a few…Nothing is off-limits per se, but I do try to be respectful of others’ privacy.
10. If you could accomplish one thing through your blog before the end of this year, what would you want to accomplish? I’d love to inspire someone reading my blog to make a positive change in their health through weight loss.
Now it’s your turn to answer the questions! And also be sure to go back to Kenlie’s blog and leave a link to your FMM post in the comments! I really encourage you to comment on as many people’s posts as you can – I’ve met some fantastic people through FMM. You never know who you’ll meet today.