Happy Monday! I went on a field trip to University of the Pacific with the AVID classes from my school. In the 10 years I’ve been working at my current school, it was my first field trip, and since I’d never been to UoP before, I was probably more excited than the students. What a gorgeous campus! So lovely. Here are a few of the photos from today:
Pretty, right? It reminds me of a school you might find on the east coast, rather than in Stockton, CA (which isn’t the most desirable locale). Since it’s a relatively small (3800 students at the main campus) private school, it gave the AVID students a great idea of another college option.
But now let’s get to FMM.
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
1. If you had something in your teeth would you want someone to tell you, or would you prefer to figure it out on your own? Definitely tell me, because I’m surely going to tell you!
2. If you had to listen to one song on repeat all day today, which song would you choose? I’ve been loving Lourde lately, so I’d say Royals.
3. If you could trade places with someone famous, with whom would you trade? I’d love to trade places with one of my favorite authors, Jen Lancaster, because she gets to spend her life doing something she loves, is completely down-to-earth, and remains totally in touch with pop culture. All of which I can relate to. We’re a lot alike, actually, except she gets to travel to promote her books, owns a great house in the suburbs of Chicago, and dresses a bit preppier than I do. Oh, and she’s a Republican, but to each her own in their political views, I suppose.
4. If you could speak another language fluently, which one would you speak? Italian, of course!
5. If you could read one person’s mind right now whose would you choose? I’d rather not read anyone’s mind – that’s too much information!
6. If you were forced to go back in time, which period of your life would you choose? I love the retro fashions and sophistication of the 1950’s. Think early Mad Men. Love it! Except of course for the social problems with race inequality, women’s rights, etc.
oops, I just re-read the prompt and realized I didn’t see it correctly the first time – I didn’t see that it said a period of MY life.
Well, in that case, I’d say that I’d go back to my 20s, right after my fiance-at-the-time broke up with me and I went into a low-grade depression that caused me to gain lots of weight. I would hope that on “take two” I’d know that I was stronger than any broken engagement and that I would persevere. And hopefully, I could avoid the weight gain because I’d use the gym as my “me time,” instead of zoning out in front of the TV.
7. If you had to be trapped in a TV show for a month, which show would you choose? See #6.
8. If you had to give up twitter or Facebook, which would you choose? Twitter. I’m not on it as much as I probably should be, and I love that I can catch up with so many of my friends on FB.
9. If you could have a present today, what would you want? A $1000 gift card to Macy’s.
10. If you had to choose between celebrating Halloween or Christmas, which would you choose? I love fun of Halloween, but nothing beats the warm-hearted atmosphere and human kindness that goes along with Christmas.
Now it’s your turn to answer the questions! And also be sure to go back to Kenlie’s blog and leave a link to your FMM post in the comments! I really encourage you to comment on as many people’s posts as you can – I’ve met some fantastic people through FMM. You never know who you’ll meet today.