Happy Monday! I am loving the time change – the extra hour yesterday, the shorter days, the cooler nights – fall is a great time of year. This weekend was a nice balance of work, errands, working out, and fun. Saturday I had a great dinner with my parents and sister where I made a fantastic, low cal recipe that’s perfect for this time of year. Then on Sunday a couple of girlfriends and I went to one of my favorite wineries to do some tasting and celebrating my 100 pound loss. I can’t ask for a better weekend.
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
1. Are you familiar with GMO’s? Is it an issue that matters to you? Yes. In fact, I’ve taught a unit on it in my classes. I think it’s really important for us to eat locally and in season.
2. List a few items that are typically on your grocery list. Lately it’s all about the protein, so chicken, ground turkey, shrimp. I also like to have a variety of veggies like butternut squash, mushrooms, and Brussel sprouts.
3. What is your favorite place to shop for produce? Lately I’ve been going to either Sprouts or Whole Foods. I do get produce at Trader Joe’s too, but usually only bagged lettuces. I don’t find most of their other produce very good.
4. Do you eat processed foods? Yes, but I try to eat as much whole food as I can.
5. Do you look for the “organic” label when you shop? I do when it comes to produce, and sometimes other items, as well.
6. What did you eat for breakfast this morning? I made my own version of Yummy Life’s pumpkin pie oatmeal. In my version, I used splenda brown sugar and sugar free caramel Torani to cut down on calories/sugar.
7. How many meals per week do you cook at home? I don’t eat out much at all. Last week I went to sushi with an old friend, but otherwise, all of my meals were ones I cooked for myself at home.
8. Do you think that foods that have been genetically engineered should be labeled? Absolutely. People need to make informed choices.
9. What matters most to you when you’re choosing a restaurant? The food, the reputation, and the atmosphere.
10. What is your favorite meal to cook at home? I’ve been making a lot of soups lately.
Now it’s your turn to answer the questions! And also be sure to go back to Kenlie’s blog and leave a link to your FMM post in the comments! I really encourage you to comment on as many people’s posts as you can – I’ve met some fantastic people through FMM. You never know who you’ll meet today.