Throughout the month of December, I’ll be participating in #reverb13: Reverb is a way to reflect on the past year and project into the next year with a prompt a day for 31 days. December is the perfect time to reflect on 2013 and start to create intentions for 2014.
Day 7: Victory Lap
What was your biggest accomplishment of 2013?
By far, the biggest accomplishment in 2013 was losing weight, and since the process was gradual, the successes came in increments:
- After years of struggle on this weight loss journey, the moment I reached the pre-surgery requirement was a huge turning point for me. It signified that I had stopped letting excuses rule my life, and that I’d started to do whatever I needed to get to my goal.
- After the surgery, I soon hit 50 pounds lost, and realized that I’d learned a lot of things on this weight loss journey.
- I’ve had quite a few NSVs, lots of which have had to do with new clothes in normal sizes, including these sweats from Victoria’s Secret, in a size XL. The best part, after a day of wearing them, they stretched out so much that I actually think I can fit a Large. Me, in a size LARGE sweats from VS!! I love clothes, and getting the be a weight/size that I can shop in normal stores has been amazing. The biggest problem is not spending too much money on clothes that are going to be too big in a short time.
- I’ve also had a lot of fitness accomplishments, including walking in lots of 5Ks: Color Me Rad, SJ RocknRoll Mini, SF Mermaid, and the Turkey Trot. All of these 5Ks have shown me that I am ready to push myself a bit further. I attempted the C25K for the third time, and even though it’s been quite a challenge, for the first time it’s doable. I have a Santa Run coming up next Sunday, and I’m planning to do a walk/run for the first time. I can’t wait to see how far I can take my running in 2014.
- To date, my biggest accomplishment on the scale has been losing 100 pounds. I’ve lost even more since then (almost -110), and my next goal is to get to ONEDERLAND by December 31st.
Since mid-year, 2013 has been filled with accomplishments that I’m incredibly proud of. I know 2014 is going to bring even more successes that I can’t wait to share.