Throughout the month of December, I’ll be participating in #reverb13: Reverb is a way to reflect on the past year and project into the next year with a prompt a day for 31 days. December is the perfect time to reflect on 2013 and start to create intentions for 2014.
Day 13: Favorite Things
Give us a list of your favorite things from 2013. Could be material items, food, people, anything!
You guys already know how much my family, friends, and Sofi mean to me, so my list of favorite things is going to consist of items I loved in 2013:
- Bath & Body Works shower gels and lotions. I’ve loved their products for years, but because of my budget had done without them for a couple of years. This year I decided that these were the sorts of simple daily pleasures that I should enjoy. My favorite scents are Beautiful Day and Sweet Pea.
- Asics Gel Blurs.They’re the most comfortable sneakers, and have been great in helping me heal from my plantar fasciitis. I have them in this pair of fun colors and another in black & white.
- Mac Foundation. I re-discovered Mac this summer, after being dissatisfied with Bare Minerals Ready formulation. I started with the Mineralized skinfinish, which I really like, especially when coupled with the Prep + Prime BB. I always thought Mac was too thick/too heavy, but they have so many different formulas now that there really is something for everyone. My skin does well with it, too, which is nice.
- Celebrate Vitamins have been my saving grace. Even pre-op, my stomach was really sensitive to taking vitamins, and I’d always get nauseous, even with food. The Celebrate chewables taste like Flinstones and go down really easily. Plus, my doctor said she thinks they’re a really high quality vitamin for WLS patients.
- Somersaults snacks are a new favorite. If you get the chance to try them, you should.
- My RockMyRun mixes. I have mentioned them many time before, but I can’t recommend the site highly enough. All different genres, bpms, and lengths. I just downloaded a new one today, and I can’t wait to try it. The music definitely helps me make it through tough workouts.
- Big Train Mocha Fit Frappe has been my breakfast of choice since the summer. In the warmer months, I mix it with Isopure chocolate protein powder and almond milk and make a shake that keeps me all morning long. Now that the weather has turned so chilly, I mix it into my morning coffee.
- And speaking of coffee, I’m absolutely in love with my Keurig and my Kcups. Now that I’ve cut back dramatically on my coffee intake, they’re the perfect amount.
- My Victoria’s Secret Boyfriend pants are so cozy and cuddly, and the fact that I wear them (the XLs are actually too big!) are like a badge of honor to me.
What are some of your favorite things in 2013? Let me know in the comments.