Happy Monday! Today was my first day back to school after 2 weeks off, and let me tell you, it was difficult. I think it was as hard for me to be there as it was for my students. But like I told them, we get MLK day in 2 weeks, then February Break (President’s Week) the week after Valentine’s Day, then one l.o.n.g. month of March where we’ll need a mental health day or two, then Spring Break in April, and then it’s all smooth sailing from there! These 5 months of the second semester really will fly by.
One of the things I’m really trying to do in this new year, besides my other Goals for 2014 is to read and comment on blogs regularly. I love reading blogs, but making the time where I just sit down and read them isn’t always easy. But like I said about my goals, if it’s a priority, I’ll make it happen. I know how much I appreciate when people read and comment on my blog, so I plan to reciprocate.
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
What has been your happiest moment in 2014 so far? I think it might have happened today, when a woman at my district office, whom I haven’t seen in over a year, got tears in her eyes as she told me that she is so happy for me and my weight loss progress. She told me, “you look so much younger, not that you were old before, but now you have this sort of youthful spark. You have a sparkle in your eye, and this energy about you. You look amazing!” She was so sweet and made me feel so good about myself. I definitely walked out of that office smiling from ear to ear.
2. Share the last compliment you received. See above. Oh, and I’ve been getting a lot of compliments on Match.com from the potential dates. Of course, some of them think “you have a juicy booty” is a compliment, so consider the source.
3. What is one thing that you plan to accomplish in the next week? I’m going to run/walk in the Hot Chocolate 5K in San Francisco on Sunday, and I can’t wait! My plan is to hit another PR time with this 5K.
4. What is your favorite TV show currently on air? While I’m very happy about the return of Downton Abbey, and I have to agree with Kenlie that Scandal is a show I really look forward to watching every week, I’m obsessed with American Horror Story: Coven. I love that it’s set in New Orleans, enjoy the dynamics of the witches vs. the voodoo priestesses, and am impressed that it’s dealing with slavery and racism.
5. If you could go anywhere in the world free for the next two weeks, where you go? For those who know how much I love the beach, I’m sure you’d guess that I would choose some exotic location like Tahiti or Hawaii, which would definitely be nice, don’t get me wrong. But at the moment, my thoughts are in a completely different direction. I’d love to go to Lake Tahoe because I’ve been really interested in going to the snow and learning how to snow board/ski. I may actually have the opportunity to go to a cabin in the snow with a group of teachers during part of our February Break, which is really exciting. So… since I don’t know how to do either, would you recommend that I try snowboarding or skiing, and why? I’m going to have to rent everything, so it’s just as easy to rent one set of equipment as another.
6. Describe a significant event in your life that caused you to change your values system. I haven’t changed my value system. My beliefs have been the same for most of my adult life, which is not to say that I don’t learn and grow, but that I know who I am and always have.
7. What made you decide to live where you currently live? This is where I was born and raised, where my family lives, and where I’m most comfortable. San Jose was just named the richest city in America, and the neighborhood I live in is the most affluent. Although I am nowhere near “rich,” it is nice to live in a beautiful, safe area where people take pride in where they live. If you read the article, you can also see why I have no goals of ever owning my own house, and I’m completely ok with that decision.
8. What is the first thing that comes to mind when you think about GOD? I think about the Golden Rule: treating others as you want to be treated.
10. List three things that you’re thankful for today.
- That my 49ers won yesterday against Green Bay!!
- My students, who make getting up at 5:30am worthwhile.
- That I took the time to plan my meals for the entire week, including buying the groceries. I feel so organized!
Now it’s your turn to answer the questions! And also be sure to go back to Kenlie’s blog and leave a link to your FMM post in the comments! I really encourage you to comment on as many people’s posts as you can – I’ve met some fantastic people through FMM. You never know who you’ll meet today.