Happy Monday! Today was my short day at work, and for that I’m very thankful. After yesterday’s 8K and a busy day of shopping and errands on Saturday, the weekend flew by. Did you guys see the Oscars last night? I really enjoyed the show, for the most part. Ellen is a great host, and I loved the speeches from Luptia Nyong’o, Jared Leto, and Matthew McConaughey. Everyone looked so beautiful and glittery, just as movie stars should. And this ties in perfectly with today’s FMM topic.
For the month of March, FMM is moving locations. Sarah over at Losing Weight and Having Fun is hosting FMM for the time being, and I’m excited to discover her blog and meet a bunch of new bloggers.
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section at: Losing Weight and Having Fun so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
1. What is your all time favorite movie? Godfather II – I love that in the second movie they show where the godfather got his start and they take it all the way back to Sicily. In fact, the city where the godfather takes his name, Corleone, is the city where my mom’s family is from. Plus, I really love mafia movies, perhaps for obvious reasons. And, I have a crush on the young Robert DeNiro:
2. Who is your favorite actor and actress? I love Leonardo DiCaprio – his range as an actor is awesome. I’m very impressed with Jennifer Lawrence in terms of a young actress, but my all-time favorite actress is Elizabeth Taylor.
3. What is the first movie you ever saw at the cinema? I remember going to see Star Wars at the drive-in when I was really young.
4. Did you watch The Oscars last night? I did. As I mentioned above, my highlights from the night…
5. How many of the Best Picture nominations did you watch and which did you enjoy the most? I’m sorry to say that I didn’t watch very many: only The Wolf of Wall Street. I really want to see Dallas Buyer’s Club, 12 Years a Slave, American Hustle, and Gravity. I’m not as interested in Philomena, Nebraska, or Her.
6. What did you think of Ellen hosting The Oscars? Ellen is by far my favorite host of The Oscars. She has great timing, is just irreverent enough, and doesn’t drag things on. And that selfie moment? Awesome!
7. If you had the chance to play a part in any movie, what would it be? I don’t know. I think it would be more about who I’d be acting with, and if given the choice, I’d want to play alongside Johnny Depp or Bradley Cooper.
8. Is there a movie you have watched that was so bad that you have either walked out of the cinema or turned it off? I’ve never walked out of a theatre, and I can’t recall turning a movie off. Probably because I’m pretty picky when it comes to movies, and I avoid anything that seems like I’d dislike it. Movies are too expensive to waste money (or time) watching something I don’t enjoy.
9. What do you think of 3D and IMAX movies? Are they worth the extra money? I actually dislike 3D movies because they give me a headache, and I think the gimmick is really overdone. I think IMAX is worth it, depending on the movie.
10. What was the last movie you saw at the cinema? The Wolf of Wall Street, which I thoroughly enjoyed. It was so over the top and decadent, and Leo was phenomenal in it.
Now it’s your turn to answer the questions! And also be sure to go back to Sarah’s blog and leave a link to your FMM post in the comments! I really encourage you to comment on as many people’s posts as you can – I’ve met some fantastic people through FMM. You never know who you’ll meet today.