1. I took today off to get myself organized around the house. I’ve had busy weekends for the past month, and I feel like my house is in need of a deep cleaning. For example, the other day I had to use a beach towel because I was in desperate need of doing laundry. Plus, as part of my Lenten Sacrifice, I need to spend some more time going through my closet and compiling clothes to donate.
2. Speaking of clothes, I’ve been having a great time buying some clothes for Hawaii. I wanted to buy a few sundresses, and found some great ones:
They’re all really light and will be perfect for Hawaii’s temps. The maxi dress will definitely be too long for me, but I found a great tailor who hems dresses for really cheap, and since the dress itself was on clearance at $17, paying for the tailoring is worth it. I’m a bit worried that the hi-low dress might be a bit too short in front, but hopefully it will hit me lower because I’m short.
Remember those bikini tops I bought from VS? Well they arrived the other day, and they were a bit too small. (I am very happy to say that the bottoms I bought fit well). They fit, but they were cut really sexily, and I just didn’t think I’d feel very comfortable wearing them, and would be worried that I’d “pop out.” So I returned those and got these “perfect coverage” tops instead:
I think I’ll feel a lot more secure in these. That third one was on sale at Kohl’s and I like that it has a tiny bit of aqua detail. Plenty of tops for the beach for a week. I also finally bought the board shorts that I’d planned on:
I haven’t received these yet,but I’m really hopeful that they’ll be long enough and fit well. A few comments on the site that I bought them from said that they wore them out and about on vacation, as well as on the beach, which I think is a great idea. I don’t have any pants suitable for Hawaii (I think jeans will be too heavy), so I also bought a few pairs of capris:
The first ones are fleece crops from Victoria’s Secret, and because I really liked the fit of the boyfriend pants I bought from VS before, I thought I’d give these a try. The second are from Kohl’s and were only $15; they seem like good lounge pants. And the last ones are also from Kohl’s – I really hope they fit well because I think they’re really cute. The only things left to buy for the trip (and for my spring/summer wardrobe) are some tanks and a few tops.
3. I started this morning off with a great spin class! I’d bought some new padded bicycle capri pants that worked really well; I didn’t feel any of that pelvic bone pain that I’d had the first time. I definitely need to fit more spin classes into my normal routine, because I love how powerful I feel when I’m in the class, and I really like the huge calorie burn that comes with the 60 minute session.
4. I thought I’d share a lunch that I’ve been loving. I first saw it on Pinterest, and I’ve seen it a lot on Instagram, too. It’s a twist on egg salad – instead of using mayonnaise I substitute guacamole. It might look a little strange and green, but it’s really delicious and adds a nice kick. Today because I’d burned so many calories with spin class, my TIU workouts, and taking Sofi for a walk in the neighborhood, I put the egg salad on two slices of Dave’s Good Seed Thin-Sliced Bread. But this egg salad is also great on spinach to keep it more low carb. I know it seems odd, but just give it a try.
5. This weekend I have some fun plans! Tomorrow afternoon I’m heading to SF to meet up with VSGTanya, whose videos on YouTube and posts on FB have really helped me learn so much about this journey. Plus, she’s just a cool lady! She lives near New Orleans, but will be here in my area for work, so I couldn’t pass up the chance to meet her while she’s here. I can’t wait to meet her after following her story on YT and FB for over a year and a half. There will be quite a few other WLS -ers there, so it will be fun to meet new people. Then on Sunday my friend Di and I are volunteering for 3 hours doing a cleanup day at a local lake county park.