Spring has (almost) sprung! Which means that the weather is turning warmer, the days are getting longer, and fitting in outdoor activities is a whole lot easier. Spring is a time of renewal, and in the spring of 2014 I’m living my life in full bloom! Now that I’m in the home stretch of my weight loss journey, all the pounds I lose this spring are just like extra petals on a flower, making my life just a bit more beautiful. I want to enjoy each day of this season, soaking in the sunshine, blue skies, and happiness. Sunday weigh-ins will keep me accountable through the weekend, and will give me a positive goal to begin each new week. My Sunday progress updates will be called Super Spring Weigh-Ins.
Week 47 was back to reality – back to work after spring break. I’m proud of how well this week went. I planned and prepared all my meals, got in cardio workouts every day, and fit in two Tone It Up toning workouts (although I was hoping to get in a few more). Overall, it was a great week!
When I weighed in this morning, I was 180.0, which is a loss of 5 pounds this week (!!!), and a loss of 97 lbs since surgery! I’ve lost a total of 135 pounds from my highest weight!! I have 30 pounds to go to my ultimate goal weight of 150 pounds. Those two pounds I gained over my vacation flew off in the first two days of the week, and then the rest of the pounds came off a little at a time the rest of the week. I haven’t had a loss this big in months! Forgetting about the water weight of those two pounds, a 3-pound loss is a really strong loss for me, especially in a week where I didn’t get my period (I drop a lot of weight whenever that happens).
So what was different this week? A couple of things:
- Greens! I had green smoothies for breakfast several times this week. I think adding the greens and the chia seeds to my morning meal helped start my day with lots of fiber (not to mention all those vitamins). I also made sure to have a salad for lunch and/or sauteed greens for dinner. I’m at the point in my post-op life where my system can handle more greens, which thrills me. I love having plenty of greens in my diet, and it obviously works well with weight loss.
- Water! I made sure to get in at least 8-10 glasses of water each day. Even on days like Wednesday when my water intake was low by the afternoon, I made sure to make up for it in the evening with lots of herb tea. The rest of the week, the water went down fast. Yesterday I had 14 glasses! Not only does water help with the metabolism, but it definitely fills the gap in between meals. Plus, I’m noticing that my skin always looks a lot better when I get plenty of water in throughout the day.
This week, I’m obviously going to continue more of the same on both these counts because they make me feel better and I love the results I’m getting.
In terms of my workouts, the plan for this week is to make sure I fit in Tone It Up workouts, along with cardio:
Sunday: walk with Sofi + bike ride / TIU: Easter Bunny Workout
Monday: Lateral X elliptical + walk with Sofi / TIU: Bikini Arms (Beach Babe 2 DVD)
Tuesday: bike ride + walk with Sofi / TIU: Honeymoon Ready Routine
Wednesday: run/walk intervals + walk with Sofi / TIU: Sunset Yoga
Thursday: Body Combat (5:30pm) / TIU: Summer Sizzle + Short & Sweet Shoulders
Friday: Lateral X elliptical + walk with Sofi / TIU: Love Your Body w/ HIIT
Saturday: spinning + walk with Sofi
I have great meals planned this week, too:
- breakfasts: protein shakes or green smoothies
- lunches: salads w/ rotisserie chicken and veggies
- snacks: Greek yogurt, Boom Chicka Pop, hard boiled eggs, mini brie and rosemary raisin crackers, cashew/pistachio nut mix
- dinners: sauteed spinach/kale mixed with protein – mahi mahi burgers, ginger-marinated cod, chicken marinated with white wine & lemon
I’m going to try to include more hobbies (besides working out and watching TV) into my weekly routine. This week, I want to:
- read at least 30 minutes a day
- blog at least three times
- put together a photo book of my Hawaii pictures on Shutterfly (didn’t get to this last week)
One last note for today, because it is Easter Sunday. I wrote this on MFP this morning, and I wanted to make sure to share it here, too:
On this day, where we celebrate belief and faith, I’m reminded to continue to believe in myself and have faith that I will achieve every goal I dream of. Enjoy the day!! “
Believing in myself and having faith that I can accomplish everything thing I dream has gotten me so far in this weight loss journey, and in life. I hope that everyone reading this is able to find that same faith in themselves, because it is powerful. If you celebrate Easter, hope you have a wonderful day filled with family and friends. For those who don’t, I hope you have a terrific, relaxing Sunday doing something that makes you smile!
Until next Sunday, my friends. I hope the scale treats you well, and that you have a wonderful week!