Spring has sprung! Which means that the weather is turning warmer, the days are getting longer, and fitting in outdoor activities is a whole lot easier. Spring is a time of renewal, and in the spring of 2014 I’m living my life in full bloom! Now that I’m in the home stretch of my weight loss journey, all the pounds I lose this spring are just like extra petals on a flower, making my life just a bit more beautiful. I want to enjoy each day of this season, soaking in the sunshine, blue skies, and happiness. Sunday weigh-ins will keep me accountable through the weekend, and will give me a positive goal to begin each new week. My Sunday progress updates will be called Super Spring Weigh-Ins.
Week 48 was busy. Lots of long days at work meant that I didn’t get in quite as many workouts as I would’ve liked. Don’t get me wrong, I got in some great workouts, but took a couple of rest days I hadn’t planned on. One of the reasons I’m so thankful that I’ve gotten into the habit of planning my meals is that it assures me that my food will be on point, no matter how hectic my week gets. It definitely came in handy this week!
When I weighed in this morning, I was 180.0, which is no loss and no gain this week; I stayed exactly the same. This is a loss of 97 lbs since surgery! I’ve lost a total of 135 pounds from my highest weight!! I have 30 pounds to go to my ultimate goal weight of 150 pounds. After last week’s epic weight loss, I didn’t expect much of a loss this week. If I’m honest, I was hoping I could break into the 170s, and I actually saw that number for a split second on the scale at one point this week. But I’m in no way disappointed with today’s result. My body just needs to take a quick break for a second. Plus, I’m PMSing, so I know I’ll see a loss very soon.
I continued to enjoy the green smoothies and lots of kale at dinner this week. I love greens, and I’m really happy to be incorporating them much more into my meals. Last week was a lot of leftover Easter ham, and I do wonder if the sodium in that contributed to the scale. The ham itself is very lean and low in calories, but it does have some sodium. Either way, I’ve eaten it all, and this week I’m back to using rotisserie chicken in my salads at lunch and more variety in my proteins at dinner.
In terms of my workouts, I’ll be getting in lots of cardio, as usual, but I’m super excited that Tone It Up‘s #bikiniseries is starting tomorrow! If you’re at all curious, sign up and give it a try. I think you’ll be amazed with how much Karena and Katrina put into their workout plans, recipes, workout playlists, and fun challenges – all free. Here’s my workout plan for this week:
Sunday: Turbo Kick + walk Sofi
Monday: elliptical / TIU: 3 Moves for a Sexy Upper Back + Bikini Arms (Beach Babe 2 DVD)
Tuesday: run/walk intervals + walk with Sofi / TIU: New 2014 Bikini Series workout (comes out Tuesday) + Sunset Stretch (Beach Babe 2 DVD)
Wednesday: walk with Sofi + Body Combat (5:30pm) +/ TIU: Malibooty
Thursday: run/walk intervals + walk with Sofi / TIU: Cowabunga Routine
Friday: walk with Sofi / TIU: HIIT the Beach 2 (Beach Babe 2 DVD) + SunKissed Abs
Saturday: walk with Sofi
I really love that each weekday the TIU girls have set up a Sunset Challenge: (taken directly from ToneItup.com)
- Monday: Make a vision board writing out your goals and getting super focused on the top 3 things you want to accomplish by the end of this challenge.
- Tuesday: Take your official BEFORE photo for the challenge. It may seem uncomfortable at first, but trust us, you’ll be so happy you took it! What you achieve in the next 8 weeks will amaze you and it’s important to be able to see how far you’ve come once summer is here. It’s also important to have a before photo when you submit your story at the end of the challenge for a chance to win the Grand Prize trip with Contiki Vacations! Oh yes!
- Wednesday: Take out the list of goals or your vision board that you created on Monday. Find a quiet place to sit, close your eyes and spend 5 minutes visualizing yourself achieving each one of them. Breathe deeply and remember to keep your mind positive throughout the entire process!! Picture how amazing you’re going to feel when you accomplish your goals.
- Thursday: Send your friends some love! Write a note, text or email to a friend and surprise them with 3 things you love most about them.
- Friday: Paint the town with smiles! Walk around your neighborhood with friends and write notes of positivity on the sidewalk with chalk. Spread messages that will make people smile like, “You’re wonderful,” or “Never give up,” or “Today is YOUR day!” Be creative and share your photos with us on Instagram with hashtag #CreateYourSummer
I have great meals planned this week, too:
- breakfasts: protein shakes or green smoothies
- lunches: salads w/ rotisserie chicken and veggies
- snacks: Greek yogurt, Boom Chicka Pop, hard boiled eggs, mini brie and rosemary raisin crackers, cashews
- dinners: sauteed spinach/kale mixed with protein – grilled salmon, chicken marinated with white wine & lemon, mahi mahi burgers, filet mignon.
I’ve been doing pretty well in terms of hobbies lately, especially reading and blogging. I haven’t started the photo book yet, but maybe later this week. If not, very soon.
I absolutely love this quote today. It’s something that I’ve kept in the front of my mind this entire time. Yes, I had weight loss surgery which is an amazing tool, but the reason I’ve been so successful with my weight loss is because of my drive and determination. My daily decisions to workout, my daily decisions to eat well, my daily decisions to create consistency. My dreams are coming true, and I am so excited by all that I’ve achieved thus far. And along the way, I’ve done my best to make sure I enjoy each moment, each new NSV, each new size, each new ability. Because those are what add up to an amazing new life.
Until next Sunday, my friends. I hope the scale treats you well, and that you have a wonderful week!