Spring has sprung! Which means that the weather is turning warmer, the days are getting longer, and fitting in outdoor activities is a whole lot easier. Spring is a time of renewal, and in the spring of 2014 I’m living my life in full bloom! Now that I’m in the home stretch of my weight loss journey, all the pounds I lose this spring are just like extra petals on a flower, making my life just a bit more beautiful. I want to enjoy each day of this season, soaking in the sunshine, blue skies, and happiness. Sunday weigh-ins will keep me accountable through the weekend, and will give me a positive goal to begin each new week. My Sunday progress updates will be called Super Spring Weigh-Ins.
Week 48 was another busy one at work, but I also fit in lots of time for celebrations. I had a fun field trip on Monday, Tuesday my parents took me out to dinner to celebrate my Teacher of the Year win, I went out for TGIF with some colleagues on Friday, and yesterday I met up with a teacher friend for lunch and lesson planning. I worked out hard, but eating out four different times and imbibing two of those times made my calorie counts a bit higher than normal.
When I weighed in this morning, I was 180.0, which is no loss and no gain this week; I stayed exactly the same. This is a loss of 97 lbs since surgery! I’ve lost a total of 135 pounds from my highest weight!! I have 30 pounds to go to my ultimate goal weight of 150 pounds. I’m not thrilled that my stall has continued for a second week, but it doesn’t surprise me. I wasn’t as strict with my food as I should’ve been, which really counteracted all the major working out I was doing all week. Which, in hindsight, is really disappointing. I pushed myself to workout hard on several afternoons even though I was dog-tired, but because I ate out several times, and drank a couple of those times, I basically maintained. For all my effort in my sweat sessions, I should’ve seen a good loss this week. But this is a lesson – celebrations are great, but I need to space them out a bit more while I’m still in the weight loss phase. On the positive side, if this past week is an example of my life in maintenance, I’ll really enjoy it. Work hard, play hard, and all of that.
So, this week I’m going back to my stricter food routine. (Although I am meeting a friend for apps & drinks later today, but it is Sunday Funday, afterall). I very rarely eat out, and I plan to continue making all my meals at home for the rest of this week. I’ve seen a few new recipes that I’m interested in trying out:
- SkinnyTaste’s Canned Tuna Ceviche
- ToneItUP’s Bikini Bites Tacos (w/ ground turkey)
- SkinnyTaste’s Sea Scallops, Arugula, & Beet Salad
In terms of my workouts, I’ll be getting in lots of cardio, as usual, but I’m super excited that Tone It Up‘s #bikiniseries is starting tomorrow! If you’re at all curious, sign up and give it a try. I think you’ll be amazed with how much Karena and Katrina put into their workout plans, recipes, workout playlists, and fun challenges – all free. Here’s my workout plan for this week:
Sunday: Lateral X+ Elliptical+Treadmill + walk Sofi
Monday: TIU: Excited for Spring (elliptical) / TIU: The Best Ab Routine (x3)***
Tuesday: walk with Sofi + TIU HIIT the Beach 2 (on Beach Babe 2 DVD) / TIU: New 2014 Bikini Series toning workout (comes out Tuesday morning) + TIU: Sunset Stretch
Wednesday: TIU: Bikini Cardio (elliptical) + walk with Sofi / TIU: Surfer’s Paradise ***
Thursday: Body Combat (5:30pm) / TIU: new BIKINI SERIES toning workout coming out Thursday morning
Friday: run/walk intervals + walk with Sofi / TIU: Ab Workout Playlist
Saturday: WG 5K + walk Sofi / TIU: Beach Yoga w/ Karena
***This week is another crazy one, with lots of meetings after school. When I get home so much later than usual, it’s difficult for me to fit my workouts in and get everything else I need to done. I do it, but I end up eating really late (another thing that happened quite a bit this past week, which didn’t help the weight loss, I’m sure). So, I’m going to try working out at 4:30am twice this week and see how it goes. It’s SO early, but I’ve read a lot about how much better it is to start the day with a workout. It’s definitely worth trying out.
I really love that each weekday the TIU girls have set up a Sunset Challenge: (taken directly from ToneItup.com)
- Monday:Spend time with people who make you smile!
- Tuesday: Yoga Inspired Stretching (see Sunset Stretching, above).
- Wednesday: Take out the list of goals or your vision board that you created on Monday. Find a quiet place to sit, close your eyes and spend 5 minutes visualizing yourself achieving each one of them. Breathe deeply and remember to keep your mind positive throughout the entire process!! Picture how amazing you’re going to feel when you accomplish your goals.
- Thursday: Take a few minutes to write a list of all the things you are grateful for in your life. Think about your beautiful body and all it does for you, your friends, family, pets… write it all down! Save the list by your bedside and read it over before you go to sleep for sweet, happy dreams!
- Friday: Tonight, sign up for something completely outside your comfort zone. Anything like a new fitness class, race or personal challenge is fair game. If you’ve always wanted to try SUP Paddleboading, surfing or a hip hop dance class… now’s the time to sign up!
This week I feel as if a fire has been lit beneath me. I’m excited about my planned meals and workouts, and I can’t wait to melt a couple more pounds off this body. From the start of my journey PERSEVERANCE has been my middle name, and that’s what I’ll tap into to get to that next number on the scale.
Until next Sunday, my friends. I hope the scale treats you well, and that you have a wonderful week!