Every year I find a mantra that I try to live by for the year.
I was in the last stage of my weight loss journey, with only about 20 pounds to go to reach my ultimate goal weight. Then life happened (fabulous, wonderful, incredible things happened, don’t get me wrong), and I regained 30 pounds. Not in my plan, but it happened.
So true to Bella form, I’m ready to dust myself off and get back to what I KNOW I can do. To prove to myself that my incredible weight loss wasn’t just a fluke. That it really is a lifestyle.
- I have proven to myself before that I am stronger than any obstacle in my path.
- I have proven to myself before that I can accomplish amazing things when I set my mind to them.
- I have proven to myself before that I am worth the tremendous effort it takes. Every single bit of it:
- every minute spent planning healthy meals
- every trip to the grocery store for healthy food
- every meal logged into MyFitnessPal
- every ounce of sweat in my workouts
- every time I hold my breath right before I step on the scale
- I have proven to myself before that I can make weight loss a priority in my life. This time it won’t be my main priority, because my life is so much fuller now than it ever was before (which I’m incredibly grateful for), so this will be a very new aspect of this journey.
- I have proven to myself before that I can reach my dreams.
And since I’ve proven all of this before, I CAN do it again. I WILL do it again, and then some!
So it’s ok that I now have 50 pounds to get to my ultimate goal weight. I am confident that I will get there. And who knows? Maybe the reality check of gaining weight when I got too lackadaisical will be the kick in the booty that I need to get all the way there. No, strike that. Not “maybe,” it is the inspiration I need to get myself all the way there.