Posted in excitement, family, feeling good, friends, healthy outlook, life, tagged Christmas cards, deck the halls, fun, Glee, happiness, Lulu!, Merry Christmas, Smilebox on December 24, 2010 |
Leave a Comment »
Here’s a little something from Lulu & me to get you in the spirit. I used these photos for this year’s Christmas card, and since I can’t send each of you an individual card, I thought this would be a nice alternative. Plus, you can enjoy some music from the Glee Christmas album. I hope everyone has a happy, healthy, and joy-filled Christmas!
|Another ecard by Smilebox
As you’re viewing it, you can click on the photos to make them bigger, should you want to get a closer view of Lulu’s cuteness! 🙂
Read Full Post »
Posted in excitement, exercise, feeling good, fitness, friends, goals, gym, health, healthy choices, healthy outlook, Healthy You Challenge Update, inspiration, life, mental changes, moderation, motivation, organization, personal training, preparation, self esteem, weight loss, working out, tagged Christmas, Christmas music, Christmas presents, Glee, Lulu!, personal training, Take Action on November 30, 2010 |
4 Comments »
Happy Tuesday, everyone!
If you’ve been keeping up, you know I’ve had quite a few realizations as of late. If you’re joining in late, you can read this and then this. Suffice it to say that I’ve been putting in a great deal of mental work lately, and now it’s time to follow it up with physical work. Walk the talk, and all of that.
There isn’t a heck of a lot else to say at the moment, because I put so much of myself out there on Sunday. I guess I can tell you that for the time being (the month of December), I’m committing to:
- Stay at 1400 calories a day, except on holiday events.
- On said holiday events, make sure to make up the difference in calories by putting in extra time at the gym.
- Speaking of the gym, I’m going 4 times per week, 3 days of which will include strength training (2 with my trainer) and 2 cardio. (At least one day will involve both strength AND cardio).
- Continue daily food journal emails to Scale Warfare.
- Keep up with this blog, because your support, encouragement, and accountability mean everything to me.
I’ll give a quick update on my progress each Tuesday in December.
- I am thrilled that there are only 3 more weeks of school before Winter Break! And if I play my cards right (and get things done in these 3 weeks), I should have very little grading to do over the vacation. Woot!
- These past few days I’ve been consumed with finding THE RIGHT photo Christmas card to mail out to everyone. Usually I just buy a couple of boxed sets from Target, write a witty and heartfelt sentiment, and call it a day. But this year is different because Lulu is in my life. Of course I’m going to make sure that we send out a special, photo Christmas card that everyone can put on their refrigerators throughout the season. And actually, I think ours is going to be so cute that people are going to want to keep it up long afterward. :) I’ll post the photos on the blog once it gets closer to Christmas.
- I now have 116 songs in my Christmas playlist on iTunes, including my newest Glee Christmas album, and I couldn’t be happier. The songs are so fun, uplifting, and just put me in a good mood when I listen to them, so why not play them all the time? The nice thing is, they’re more updated or quirky versions of some of the old classics, so they aren’t the same old MUSAK that’s pumped throughout every store this time of year.
- My mom and I have plans to start our Christmas shopping this Saturday, and I can’t wait. We’re actually buying for each other, since we’re both so
particular discerning about what we want. The fun thing is that even though we’ll know what most of our presents are, we each keep one “surprise present” to the side to give on Christmas.
Read Full Post »