I haven’t been weighing myself daily – I stopped when I was away on my business trip a few weeks ago and then kept forgetting until I got out of the habit. I’m going to get back on the daily weigh-ins this coming week, because they do help me stay on track and take away the anxiety of the “weigh-in day.”
I really had no idea what the scale was going to show today. It’s been a mixed week. I did well on exercise through the weekend, but then didn’t do anything Monday or Tuesday. I really need to keep myself motivated to workout right after work so that I don’t lose my momentum when I get home and start unwinding, which is another thing I’m going to work on for the coming week. This week my food was good, and I tracked 6/7 days. I did have several days that were over my new 28-point target, but since I officially get 33 from WW, none of the days were that far over. Ok, so without further ado, here’s what the scale said:
Which means I lost 1.2 pounds this week, but I still have an overall gain of 1 damn pound in the first 12 weeks of 2010. Last night as I was watching The Biggest Loser, as I do every Tuesday night, I found myself tearing up within the first 5 minutes. I often get teary-eyed as I watch that show, but usually it’s not that early. The reason was the reactions on the families and friends faces when the contestants went home for the first time in 9 weeks. Their friends and family were so proud and so shocked at their progress. Many of them looked like shadows of their former selves thanks to their hard work and dedication. I’m planning on going to Boston this summer to visit CTLB, and I want to see that look in her eyes when I see her again. I saw her in November, and I’d actually gained weight since the last time I saw her, in July 2008 for her wedding. This time I want her to see a huge change in me for the better. I want it and I have to keep that same drive the contestants on BL have in order to get it.
I know I can do better and keep my mind and motivation stronger. This week I did some good things, but I didn’t do them often or consistently enough. I have been really impressed with Scale Warfare’s 30-Day Challenge for herself, and I’ve been feeling as if I need a challenge of my own. I’m going to start small and make a 7-Day Challenge. So for the coming week, these are the things I’m going to challenge myself to do:
- Drink all of my water.
- Weigh myself daily.
- Eat within my 28-points a day target, and only allow myself to go over that and use “flex points” 2 days, if needed.
- Pre-pack my gym bag and bring it in the car so that I can go right after work. On the days that I want to take a walk or go for a bike ride outside after work, I’m going to get changed right away and then head out without stopping to rest.
- Going along with #4, I am going to challenge myself to workout for at least 30 minutes, 6 of the 7 days of this challenge.
- Take my multivitamin every day. This was another thing I’ve let slide since I went on my business trip, and I need to get back to it.
- Drink a green monster smoothie every day, either at breakfast or as a snack after work.
That’s it. 7 things to focus on in the next 7 days. I know I can do it, and I know that if I do it, I will see greater success on the scale next Wednesday.